If you are interested in cars that won’t loose half their value by the fall, consider the following list. After talking to owners, dealers and mechanics, I’ve come up with these:
Aston Vantage 4.3 or 4.7 Grand Tourning with miles of style and lots of space, argueably one of the handsomest cars out there, fairly reliable, reasonably priced. Not the fastest, but certainly the looker.
- Audi R8- 8 cylinder, as you won’t miss the extra 2 cylinders unless you need aircraft carrier take off speed. Very fun to drive and competitive with a Porsche in the handling department. Cool styling.
- 05 Porsche Turbo S- Porshcephiles love this car. Combine warp speed and dependability, and you have this car.
- Bentley Continental GT 04-08 I just drove the new one and it’s fabulous, but friends won’t know the difference. Many cows died for the gorgeous interior. Cross between a Rolls and a Ferrari. Shrinks around you when you drive it. Definitely NOT an old man’s car.
- 00-2005 Ferrari 360-coupe- People are actively looking for these because the car was a big improvement (in every measurable way) to the F355. From $80k and up, maintenance can be worrisome but most are sorted by now. Often called Ferrari’s 1st modern car.
2000 360 Berlinetta
- 04-08 Lamborghini Gallardo-serious performance for rock bottom prices, all wheel drive, low maintenance thanks to Audi , and an inexpensive way to get into supercar leagues. Clutches a weak link so make sure yours gets uprated before you buy. Might be more attention than you want.
Just a short list and I would love to hear what’s on yours.