- Debut of the luxury brand’s most potent and exhilarating roadster yet
- 6.0-litre V12 engine: 565 bhp and delivers 201 mph top speed
- Supreme agility and greater handling
Open air motoring is always a bit more fun and Aston Martin is opening up a new world of exhilarating driving excitement with the announcement of the hotly anticipated 2015 V12 Vantage S Roadster.
When it arrives in markets around the world later this year the new sports car will become the luxury British marque’s most potent, fastest and fastest-accelerating series production roadster to date.
Providing the most visceral yet engaging open-top experience in Aston Martin’s current range, the new V12 Vantage S Roadster delivers characteristic sporting agility underpinned by an enviable sports ‘soundtrack’ generated by its naturally aspirated V12 engine and expertly-tuned sports exhaust.
Equipped with the latest 565 bhp Aston Martin AM28 6.0-litre V12 engine, featuring state-of-the-art Bosch engine management, the car is capable of reaching 201 mph and sprinting from rest to 60 mph in only 3.9 seconds.
The V12 Vantage S Roadster comes equipped with the new Sportshift™ III ASM (auto-shift manual) transmission. The unit, which replaces the six-speed manual gearbox found in the previous V12 Vantage Roadster, is also appreciably lighter – saving 44 lb versus its forebear.
Aston Martin Vantage V12 Roadster
2015 V12 Vantage S Roadster –Technical Specification
- All-alloy, quad overhead camshaft, 48-valve, 5935 cc V12
- Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
- Max power 565 bhp at 6750 rpm
- Max torque: 457 lb ft at 5750 rpm
- Acceleration (Roadster) – 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds
- Maximum speed (Roadster) – 201 mph
- Rear mid-mounted, seven-speed ‘Sportshift III’ automated manual transmission
- Length (172.6”)
- Width 1(73.4”) excluding mirrors
- Fuel capacity 21.1 US Gal (80 litres/17.6 UK gal)
- weight (Roadster): 3847 lb