Electrification and hybrid technologies for a new tomorrow.
- Limited edition Roadster version of visionary V12 super sports car, combining groundbreaking hybrid technologies and design
- Roadster features Lamborghini Sián’s world-first use of super capacitor in hybrid solution and unique materials-science application
- Producing combined thermal and electric power of 819 hp: the roofless version of the most powerful Lamborghini ever produced
- Low weight-to-power ratio of 4.4 lb/hp, acceleration 0-60 MPH in under 2.9 seconds and a top speed of over 220 MPH
- Produced in a limited series of 19 units: all already sold
The low, powerful chassis houses a next-generation V12 powerplant: ‘Sián’ in local Bolognese dialect, meaning ‘flash’ or ‘lightening’, denotes the Sián Roadster’s electrification as part of the future hybrid strategy.
Automobili Lamborghini presents the Lamborghini Sián Roadster: a limited edition, open-top hybrid super sports car engineered around Lamborghini’s iconic V12 engine, with unique hybrid technologies and delivering unsurpassed Lamborghini and hybrid performance.resonating with the inimitable V12 sound. Extraordinary performance reveals the Sián Roadster’s role in Lamborghini’s route to future hybridization.
The Sián Roadster’s hybrid system provides the highest power possible via the lightest solution, combining the V12 engine with a new powertrain. A 48-volt e-motor, delivering 34 hp, is incorporated into the gearbox to provide immediate response and improved performance. The e-motor also supports low-speed maneuvers such as reversing and parking with electric power.
The Sián Roadster sports Lamborghini’s innovative supercapacitor application: a world-first technology storing ten times the power of a lithium-ion battery. Located in the bulkhead between cockpit and engine it ensures perfect weight distribution. Three times more powerful than a battery of the same weight and three times lighter than a battery producing the same power.
The Lamborghini Sián Roadster incorporates a highly sophisticated regenerative braking system, especially developed by Lamborghini. The symmetric behavior of the supercapacitor, which contrary to normal Li-Ion batteries can be charged and discharged with the same power, fully charges the Sián’s energy storage system every time the vehicle brakes. The energy stored is an instantly-available power boost, allowing the driver to draw immediately on increased torque when accelerating away.